Tuesday, May 6, 2008
My learnings.


Hello! Here I am to blog again.
Didnt attend UIR today because it was e-learning.
So basically, we're suppose to answer two questions.

1)How internet helps to enrich my academic life
2) My take on advocacy websites.

From that exercise, I learnt that internet can be a powerful technology if it is put to good use.
For example, file sharing, electronic mails and online chatting.
It serves as a communication tool for students like you and I, or even, working adults!


One of the internet resource that is commonly used would be the Windows live messenger.

I've also learnt from Jackie that advocacy websites can be used to help the weaker ones to voice out what they truly think or want.
Human rights that is!

Thats about it for my e-learning today.

Oh yes, last week I did a little research on the topic that I've choosen:
the impact of drugs on youth.


I've to come up with "impact of drug on youth" related links of:

Discussion forums
Electronic journals and magazines
WWW Site.

I had difficulty finding links for those sites.
The results were more of "prevention" or "risks" of taking drugs.
It didnt really hit the point of "impact" and "youth".

This one of the links which I've found.
Or rather, this is the only link that hits the point of drug impact on youths.

http://www.ycwa.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1192154790

It tells me the how youths behave after taking drugs, their attitude towards the community, what led them to drug abuse and so on.

I just don't understand why these people have to take drugs!
It's bad for the health, so what if it makes you high at that point of time?
Having to suffer for the rest of your life is really not worthwhile.
But seriously, don't they have anything better to do? Like taking up sports, online gaming or brushing up on their studies?
I'm a youth myself, but sometimes I just don't get their way of thinking.

Anyway, during our 2nd lesson of the week, we also did something quite similar to the first.
The only difference was having us to look for PERSONAL and ORGANIZATIONAL websites.

From that practical, I learnt that Personal Website is:

PersonalMaintained by an individual
Relates to his/her personal interests
Include materials on specific subject
May be part of an organizational page

Whereas organizational website is:

Created and maintained by a particular organization
Include company and university sites, sites of professional groups, society or organizations
Contains extensive materials on the subjectInterest in facts relating to it e.g. address, phone numbers, e-mail address, etc.

And I've also identified Yahoo as the search facility that I used to obtain the results for the drug related websites.

Alright, it's 12.10am now.
Time for me to turn in! (:

Will update more on the Impact of drug abuse on youths soon!
Bye!

Profile!
Tilynn Low

250689

Cancerian

Temasek Polytechnic

Wish!

I Want All These!

More Clothes!

To Be Healthy

Switzerland/Australia/Hokkaido

Gold For Napfa

Driving License

Ka-Chinggg


Hates!

To Be Sick

Moodswings


The Links!
My LJ
Grace
Grace's Site Feed
Jackie
Jackie's Site Feed
Yang Lin
Romano
Shu Ting

Facebook
Wikipedia

TAG ME!


The history!
May 2008

jukebox!